An expert team ready to help you...
Louise Cox - Sales Manager
Louise joined DBL in March 2021 initially to provide administration support to the sales team, and to manage the website, newsletter and social media platforms. During this time Louise has gained a valuable amount of experience sourcing and pricing a vast array of commodities and products. Louise has also been involved with the day to day accounts procedures, this has enabled her to gain a greater understanding of the business. In April 2023, Louise was appointed Sales Manager.
A farmers daughter, Louise spent her early career working on the family dairy and arable farm in Dorset. Whilst working on the farm she went on to gain Diploma’s in Agriculture and Farm Business Management. A change in direction led to nearly twenty years working for a regional firm of auctioneers in their Farm Sales Department at Sedgemoor Auction Centre and latterly in their Antiques Saleroom in administration and customer facing roles.
Louise has knowledge in all aspects livestock farming, but has a particular interest in dairying.
- Sales, including sourcing and pricing products
- Marketing; newsletter, website and social media
- Customer & supplier relations
- Diploma in Agriculture
- Diploma in Farm Business Management
- Diploma in Business and Administration
Gerard Finnan - DirectorB.Agr Sc (Hons)
Gerard has over thirty years experience as a farm business consultant.
He specialises in the provision of strategic farm business advice tailored to the business and individual’s goals and objectives. Gerard specialises in dairy and livestock management systems.
- Business Appraisals & Financial Planning
- Management Accounts & Cost Control
- Facilitator of discussion groups
- JV Farming Agreements
- Group Commodity Buying
- Specialist technical dairy and livestock advice regarding grassland and livestock and soils nutrition
- Buying Group & Commodity Purchase administration
1989 B.Agr. Sc (Hons) Agriculture
2002 SFEDI Business Adviser
Phil Cooper - DirectorBSc(Hons), MBIAC, FACTS
Having been involved with farming since the late 80’s I am passionate about UK agriculture and providing a professional service to the rural community.
My work mainly involves business management advise to dairy, beef and mixed farms helping the business achieve its objectives.
- Business appraisals
- Business plans
- Rent tenders
- Dairy herd management and nutrition
- Soil and nutrient plans
- Fertiliser planning
- Forage and grazing management
- Discussion group facilitation
- Agricultural planning appraisals
- Lean Farm Management
BSc(Hons) Agricultural Business Management
Member of BIAC