What Grants Are Coming?
DEFRA released their transition plan back in November 2020 with a view that the new plan would start being implemented Autumn 2021. We are still waiting for information on all the below schemes/funds, but here is a recap of what they have proposed:
· Farming Investment Fund – was due to be released in August 2021 and now expected in October 2021. DEFRA has said that this scheme/grant will provide funding towards larger items such as buildings, reservoirs, machinery etc. as well as smaller items (much like the Small Productivity Scheme) such as equipment and technology. Previously, the Small Productivity Scheme allowed farmers to apply for 40% funding towards the purchase of weigh scales, handling equipment, plate meters, direct drills. There is no definite information on what will be on offer this time round, but hopefully there will be answers in the next couple of weeks.
· Environmental Land Management Scheme (ELMs) (to be fully released in 2024) – with 3 different areas covered:
· Farmers in Protected Landscapes – very bespoke to support local priorities.
· Local Nature Recovery Scheme – paying for actions which support specific local environmental priorities.
· Sustainable Farming Incentive – offering payments for environmental benefits with actions to help improve soil health, enhance hedgerows, and promote Integrated Pest Management. Will be available to those who currently claim the BPS.
· Slurry Investment Scheme (release date 2022) – funding towards slurry management items. Possibly for slurry storage, roofing and equipment for handling/application.
· Mid Tier Stewardship (2022 expected to be the last year to apply, with agreements starting 1st January 2023) – the usual land management options where you can get paid for low input grassland, herbal leys, whole cropping plus capital items such as roofing, concreting, automatic slurry scrapers and fencing.
· Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) – by 2024 land owners/farmers will be receiving half the BPS that they received in 2020, with the expected final payment to be received in 2027.
If you would like to discuss about how to plan for the future without the Basic Payment Scheme or you are interested in finding more out about the upcoming grants and schemes, please contact Emily on 07944 680469 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Controlling Crypto & Cocci
- Do You Really Know Your Business?
- Spray Thousands of £s Off Your Fertiliser Bills!
- Farm Equipment and Technology Fund (FETF) Round 1 Claims
- Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail
- Commodities Update (8th June)
- Making Nitrogen Fertiliser 30% More Efficient - Tom Malleson
- Backwards Budgeting
- The Benefits of Feeding Biochar to Ruminants and the Soil
- Farming Equipment & Technology Fund (FETF) Round 1