Benefits of Being LEAN
When I say Lean, I don’t mean dropping a clothes size, it’s all about efficiency. I have written about different aspects of Lean in other newsletter articles, but why both, what’s the benefit?
Running a Lean Farm can bring many benefits to your business, examples being:
- Increased efficiency of operations, less wasted time.
- Healthier stock and/or crops.
- Reduced waste.
- Increased quality.
- Safer working environment.
- Happier team members.
- Increased profits.
With input costs rising, fertiliser at £300 per tonne and feed costs going up by £40 per tonne or more, it is essential that owners look at their business and identify areas where improvements can be made. Lean is different to the usual cost benchmarking as it looks into the actual workings of the business on the ground to identify areas where efficiencies can be achieved. Lean particularly focuses on reducing waste in eight areas, workplace organisation and value stream mapping or process mapping.
If you want to know more about Lean Farming,
please contact Phil at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel 07798 673665
- What Is Happening To Energy Prices?
- Free Farm Business Review
- Milk Powder Availability
- Commodities Update (7th October)
- Why Not to Factor in Body Weight Loss in Your Diets for Fresh Calvers
- What is Stress Testing by a Bank?
- Are you ready for your maize harvest?
- Are you going to the Dairy Show?
- DBL Grass Trials Farm Walk
- Customers are not just External